To receive our daily e-mails, we require your e-mail address. To provide you with additional services, we may also request your name, geographical location, and telephone number. The Cognition Tree Media does not collect any other personally identifiable information that you do not expressly provide. However, we may use technologies such as cookies, log files, web beacons, pixel tags, IP addresses, device identification, analytics, and social media widgets to gather information about you. We will never sell, rent, or share your personal information, including your e-mail address, with any third parties for marketing purposes without your permission. We may share your personal data to deliver our e-mail to you or as required by law.
The personal data that we collect about you will be transferred to and stored by us, in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Countries outside the EEA may not offer the same level of data protection as countries within the EEA. When transferring data outside the EEA, we will:
- Include the standard contractual data protection clauses approved by the European Commission for transferring personal data outside the EEA into our contracts with relevant third parties; or
- Ensure that the country in which your personal data will be handled had been deemed “adequate” by the European Commission under Article 45 of the GDPR.
We may also request non-personally identifiable information, such as annual income, buying preferences, or age, also known as demographic and profile data, though this information is optional. We may use this data to improve our daily e-mail and site and/or tailor your experience, showing you or delivering to you by e-mail content that we think might be of interest to you, and displaying the content according to your preferences. We may also share this information with others, such as advertisers interested in advertising in our e-mails or on our site, in aggregate, anonymous form, which means that the information will not contain any personally identifiable information about you or any other person.
In addition to collecting personal and non-personal information, The Cognition Tree Media may also collect non-personal, aggregated information about subscribers’ use of our daily e-mail and site. This information is not personally identifiable and will only be used to find out how subscribers use our daily e-mail, site, and services. For example, this information will tell us how often a user opens the daily e-mail, how much time users spend on our site, from which other sites subscribers come, and to what other sites subscribers go to. The collection of this information allows us to, among other things, prepare for traffic load demands and to efficiently deliver your e-mails.
Review & Access
Upon your request, we will provide you with a summary of the information we collect about you. You will have an opportunity to correct, update, or modify this information.
How To Unsubscribe
You can unsubscribe from receiving The Cognition Tree Media e-mails at any time by communicating to us on any of the social media platforms or any of The Cognition Tree’s parent companies e-mails. We, of course, do not want to see you go, but if for any reason you want to leave us and have trouble doing so, please e-mail us at email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we ever send you information by e-mail concerning new products or services that you did not expressly request, we will provide you with an e-mail address by which you may request no future notices.
Some of the ads appearing in our e-mail and on our website may be delivered to you by our advertising partner(s). Information about your visit to a partner site(s), such as the number of times you have viewed an ad (but not your name, address, or other personal information), is used to serve ads to you.
Occasionally, you’ll get an e-mail marked “Dedicated” in the subject line and e-mail header. These e-mails are not necessarily reflective of the opinions of the editorial staff. They are content paid for by our sponsors. You can unsubscribe from receiving these e-mails. However, if you do so, you will no longer receive The Cognition Tree’s Media and Publications unsponsored e-mails either. Please see “How To Unsubscribe” above.
In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party advertisers may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser.
Links To Other Sites
As part of the service, The Cognition Tree Media will create links allowing you to access third party sites. The Cognition Tree Media is not responsible for the content that appears on those sites and does not endorse these sites. Please consult those sites’ individual privacy policies to determine how they treat user information.
All information described above is stored on restricted database servers.
Modification To This Policy
The Cognition Tree Media may change this policy at our discretion, but we’ll post any changes here, so be sure to check back for future information.
The Cognition Tree is a Private Limited Company owned by Ayush Maskara, If you have further questions about this policy, our daily e-mail or our site, please write to us on email@example.com
The Information we collect
We collect two basic types of Information from you in conjunction with your use of the Sites:
• Personal Information, which is any information that exclusively identifies you (e.g., your name, e-mail address, telephone number, postal address, credit card information amongst others) and
• Non-personal Information, which is Information that does not exclusively identify you but is related to you nonetheless such as Information about your interests, demographics (e.g., age, gender, 5-digit zip code), and use of the Sites. We collect this Information in the following ways:
DIRECTLY PROVIDED INFORAMTION
We may ask you to provide your personal Information, Demographic Information, or Information about your preferences or interests when you:
• Register for an account on the Sites.
• Sign up to receive e-mail newsletters from us.
• Make a purchase on the Sites.
• Enter a contest or sweepstakes.
• Participate in surveys or special promotions.
• Participate on social media accounts involving our authors, books or brands.
• Participate in communities or forums on the Sites.
• Submit user-generated content on any part of the Sites that permit it.
• Knowingly volunteer Information on any other part of the Sites (e.g., request for customer service, submit a job application).
INFORMTION COLLECTED BY US
In addition to any information you provide directly to us, our third party service providers and we may use a variety of technologies that automatically collect certain non-personal Information when you interact with the Sites or e-mails sent to you, including the following:
We may collect certain Information about your computer or other devices that you use to access the Sites, including IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional Information.
We may log certain Information about your use of the Sites (e.g., log files, clickstream data, a reading history of the pages you view, your search terms and search results) and additional “traffic data” (e.g., time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, referring website addresses).
Some of our applications may deliver content based on your current location if you choose to enable that feature of the app. If you enable the location-based feature, your current location will be stored locally on your device, which will then be used by the app. If you elect to have a location-based search saved to your history, we will store that Information on our servers. If you do not enable the location-based service, or if an app does not have that feature, the app will not transmit to us, and we will not collect or store location information.
Cookies, Flash Cookies, and Web Beacons
A “flash cookie” is a data file placed on your device via the Adobe Flash plug-in, which may be built-in or downloaded by you to your computer or other devices. Flash cookies may be used for various purposes, such as enabling a Flash feature and remembering your preferences. If you choose to adjust your Flash privacy settings in your device, some features of the Sites may not function properly.
A “web beacon” (also known as an “action tag,” “tracer tag,” or “single-pixel GIF”) is an invisible graphic that is programmed only to collect non-personal Information about your use of our Sites or e-mails sent to you. Web beacons may be used for a number of purposes, including counting visitors to the Sites, monitoring how users navigate the Sites, counting how many e-mails were opened or how many links were viewed, and providing you with content customized to your interests.
California Do Not Track Notice
Some browsers offer a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. We do not respond to these “Do Not Track” signals. At this time, we do not track your personal Information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites. We also do not authorize third parties to collect any personal information from you on the Sites for these purposes.
Collection of Information from Other Third Party Sources
We may also collect personal and non-personal Information about you from other sources to, among other things, enable us to supplement the Information contained in our database and better to customize your experience with The Cognition Tree Publications.
It is through this procedure of providing Information that the user gives his consent to The Cognition Tree Publications for the collection, maintenance, processing and transfer of the said Information in India and other countries and territories.
How We Use Your Information
We use the Information we learn about you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience with The Cognition Tree Publications. We may use your personal and non-personal Information in the following ways:
• Provide you with the products and services you request.
• Post your user-generated content to our Sites as you request.
• Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you Information about features on our Sites.
• Communicate with you about changes to our policies.
• Send you newsletters, offers, and promotions for our products and services, third party products and services, or special events by e-mail or another medium.
• Personalize content and experiences on our Sites and within e-mails sent to you, including providing you recommendations based on your preferences.
• Serve you our targeted advertising, both on our Sites and elsewhere online, based on Information we previously collected from you, including your activity on the Sites or activity on third party sites and applications.
• Administer our loyalty programs.
• Administer contests, sweepstakes, promotions, and surveys.
• Optimize or improve our products, services, and operations.
• Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
• Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Sites and recipients of our e-mails, including browsing and purchasing patterns.
Combination of Your Information
When you use more than one of our Sites, we may match Information collected from you through each of those Sites and combine that Information into a single user record. We may also use and/or combine Information we collect off-line or from third party sources to enhance and check the accuracy of your user records.
We do not require children to share any personal information in order to participate on this Site. On occasion, however, we may collect personal Information, such as an e-mail address from a child as part of an activity, e.g.
• E-mail address: We may collect a child’s e-mail address in order to respond to a one-time request from the child, such as if the child asks one of our authors or us a question. In such a case, we promptly delete the child’s e-mail address from our system once we have responded, and we do not use the child’s e-mail address for any other purpose.
• Send-a-friend: In the case of a send-a-friend e-mail or card, we only collect a child’s first name and the friend’s e-mail address to send the friend the e-mail or voucher. We do not store the friend’s e-mail address for any longer than reasonably necessary to send the e-mail or card to the friend.
• E-mail newsletters: We may collect a child’s e-mail address if the child wishes to sign up for our e-mail newsletters. In such instances, the child will be asked to provide his or her e-mail address and the e-mail address of his or her parent/guardian. We will send the child’s parent/guardian a notification e-mail informing them of the child’s request to receive the newsletter by e-mail on an ongoing basis and give the parent/guardian the option to have his or her child’s Information removed from our newsletter database. If the newsletter is declined, we will not send the newsletter and will delete any related personal information collected in the sign-up process from our files. If the newsletter is not rejected, we will send the newsletter. All newsletters contain instructions so that the recipient may unsubscribe at any time.
• Contests or Sweepstakes: We may collect a child’s e-mail address to enter the child in a sweepstake or contest or to notify the child that he or she has won or lost a contest or sweepstakes or contest. We will not keep the child’s e-mail address after the promotion or use the child’s e-mail address for any other purpose other than for the promotion. For specific promotions, we may ask that a child give us his/her parent’s e-mail address so we can obtain more personalized Information for prize fulfillment purposes if the child wins the promotion or to notify the parent if we need more than the child’s e-mail address to enter the child in the promotion. In the latter event, parents will be sent a notice along with instructions on how they may provide their consent for their child to participate in such promotion .
We may also collect anonymous Information automatically from your child’s computer or devices, such as the frequency with which the child visits our Site and the pages visited, to support the internal operations of the Site. We collect this Information so we can understand and monitor the usage of the Site, customize content on the Site, and improve the performance of the Site. This information is collected using technologies such as cookies, flash cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies. This Information is not used to target children behaviorally and we do not permit behavioral targeting on any of our Sites that are directed to children.
Exceptional Circumstances for Information Sharing and Security
We may share children’s personal Information with “Third Party Service Providers” and “Other Third Parties When Required by Law,” as disclosed above (see “Who We Share Your Information With“).
Rights of parent/guardian
The parent/guardian has the right to review and have any of your child’s Information deleted from our records. You also have the right to tell us to stop collecting or using your child’s personal Information. If you have questions concerning our information practices with respect to children, or if you would like to review, have deleted, or stop the further collection of your child’s personal Information in connection with the transaction for which it was originally collected, you may e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
Security of Your Personal Information
The Cognition Tree Publications takes reasonable steps to help protect and secure your personal Information. However, please remember that no data storage or data transmission over the Internet, or by other means, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Thus, The Cognition Tree Publications cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Therefore, you understand, acknowledge, and agree that you transmit your personal Information to our Sites at your own risk.
There may be instances when you receive a seemingly legitimate-looking e-mail asking you’re your personal Information from you, such as your site login password and id or your credit card details. Cognition Tree Private Limited will ever ask for such Information from you via e-mail.
Such activities are usually carried on by unauthorized individuals and are illegal in nature. They are called phishing or identity theft. In case of any suspicion of such activity or on receiving such an e-mail you are certain was not sent by us or any of the sites affiliated to us, we advise you to not respond to such mail and to take whatever action you see fit.
Third-Party Content and Links to Third-Party Websites
Public Areas, Forums, Reviews, and Community Areas
Disputes may be referred to Arbitration at the choice of The Cognition Tree Publications only, which shall then be governed as per the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996.
Notice to Non-India Users
How to Opt-Out or Correct Your Information
You may always opt-out of receiving future commercial e-mails and newsletters from The Cognition Tree Publications. We provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link within the e-mail you receive. You may also opt out of receiving further communications from us or correct your Information by sending us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com. Please note that your request not to receive unsolicited commercial e-mails from us will not apply to messages that you request or that are not commercial in nature. For example, we may contact you concerning any purchases you have made with us, even if you opt-out of receiving unsolicited commercial messages.
How to Contact Us
Cognition Tree Private Limited
Amanora Neo Towers,
Tower – 94, Flat – 1304
Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra – 411208
+ 91 8276952813